Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I feel a little better...

These have helped me feel a little bit better:

http://www.howtodothings.com/automotive/a4722-how-to-drive-a-stick-shift-car.html

-and-

http://www.epinions.com/content_2037555332


The second one made me feel like I had a nice friend patting my back saying, "It'll be okay..."  Which at this point, I need since I'm a little scared with my decision of a stick shift car. But I know that there are a lot of pros to it.

Well, first. God totally provided this car. The car was selling for $5000 (kbb at 5200) I guess the owners had received many calls and the lady's husband was set on 5000. Well, we offered 4200 and what'd the guy say? "We can do that, it'll even out" (the cost of their new car and getting 800 less than they intended) 
So that shows me that YES! God has saved this car for me. I love it! It's my favorite color, it's little, it gets great gas mileage and has good crash test ratings. I love it.

Next,  learning how to drive a stick will enable me to drive ANY car. This isnt' a skill I'll lose...I'll have the ability to drive a stick shift. In some countries, all they have are sticks. On the mission field, if God provides a stick car, then I'll know how to drive it.

It'll help me understand cars better, pay more attention while I drive, as well as get me a little better gas mileage. My car gets 30-35. It's probably at 30 now because of all my stopping, starting & killing it! Eeeep. 
I filled it up (it was about a gallon or 2 away from empty) and it only cost me $19. Praise the Lord! So i'll be able to drive all month for probably 50 or 60 bucks, rather than 160 like when I had my jeep.

I hear it's more fun too. At this point, i feel crazy. But I need to give myself room to learn. :) 
*sigh*
I wanna go to bed now. Hah. 
P.s. I love Jesus & Chris. :) 

No comments: